Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Virginia Tech Evening MBA program will consider GMAT/GRE waiver requests. Please note that the waiver is not guaranteed, and your request will undergo evaluation by the admissions committee whose decisions are final. Please review our GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form for more details. You may submit this waiver prior to your application.
Please submit your application online at Graduate School Applicant System. Application instructions can be found here.
- Business Intelligence/Business Analytics
- Cybersecurity Management
- Entrepreneurial Leadership and Management
- Global Business
- Financial Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Health Information Technology
- Information Technology Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- General Management
- Pathway to Dual Degree with online Master of Information Technology
An undergraduate degree with quantitative course work, including calculus.
No exemptions of core courses are allowed.
Up to nine credits of elective courses from an AACSB-accredited program may be transferred provided the course content is equivalent to a Pamplin course. All course transfers will be considered after admission to the Evening MBA program and must be approved by the MBA Program Director. To be eligible, the following requirements must be met:
- The course must be from an AACSB-accredited MBA program
- The course must have been completed within the past five years
- Grade of 'B' or higher is required
- The course content must match closely with one of the courses offered in the Evening MBA Program
Submit copy of official transcript showing course grade and course syllabi to email@example.com to request transfer credit
Students are required to complete a minimum of 48 credit hours. Students pursuing the program on a part-time basis have the flexibility to choose the number of courses they take each semester. In general students taking two courses in the fall and spring semesters and one course during the summer session will complete the program in about three and a half years. Full-time students usually complete the program within two years. All students must complete the program within five years from the time they enroll.
AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
Graduate students who have not been enrolled for more than one year must formally apply for readmission. For information about readmission please visit the Graduate School site.