Tuition and Financial Aid
Program tuition and fees for 2018-19 academic year
Tuition per credit hour
Same rate for VA and non-VA residents
Tuition and fees per 3-credit class
$3,679.25 (VA resident)
$3,830.25* (Non-VA resident)
*Includes Commonwealth Facility & Equipment Fee
Approximate Total Program Cost
Please note that tuition is subject to annual changes and the tuition totals listed above are accurate for 2018-2019.
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors establishes the tuition annually, typically in the spring. Therefore, please use the above tuition rate as a guide in considering the cost of the upcoming fall term. The tuition total listed above does not include books or other travel expenses. The most current rates are always available via the bursar's webpage.
Loans and Financial Assistance
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid can provide further information regarding federal loans.
Graduate Assistantships are available in the Evening MBA program. Please contact 703-538-8410 for more information.
Currently, only students who qualify as regular or provisional status students qualify for federal financial aid. Commonwealth Campus students do not qualify until they become a regular degree-seeking student. For more information about this, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
The vision for the Pamplin College of Business outlines that we will be particularly known for our expertise and accomplishments in business intelligence/analytics, innovation through entrepreneurship, and for our international programs. Scholarships are available to applicants and students who exemplify this vision in their professional life.
Scholarship amounts are determined based on availability and the number of qualified recipients.
- All scholarship applicants must be regular-status students (not provisional or Commonwealth), taking at least five credits in the semester of the award
- You may apply multiple times, however you may only be awarded one scholarship
- Current students must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- You do not need to file a FAFSA to be eligible, however please indicate whether or not you are using federal student loans as this will assist in identifying the scholarship funding source
How to Apply:
Please submit the following materials to EveningMBAStudent@vt.edu
- Essay (see topics below)
- GPA (last 60 credit hours of undergraduate or graduate degree, or current MBA)
- Previous undergraduate and/or graduate degree(s) earned
Please choose only one topic and limit your response to one page maximum.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including experience in using business data to inform business decisions in areas including accounting, finance, marketing, supply chain management, human resources, and strategic planning. Describe your involvement in innovative applications of analytic assessment and predictive analysis to enhance decision effectiveness in a digital environment. How have you leveraged data to improve decision making and drive business performance?
- Innovation through Entrepreneurship
Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including experience in, or plans for, developing the skills, drive and determination for succeeding in a start-up environment.
- International Business (limited to students interested in participating in study abroad)
Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including previous and current engagement with the global business community. How will you apply the knowledge and experience gained from a study abroad with the Evening MBA program?