Frequently Asked Questions
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA - 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or minimum GRE score of 154
- Updated resume
- Work experience preferred
- One letter of reference required, second letter is optional.
- Required essay: How will you be challenged in a MBA program and what personal characteristics or professional experience will ultimately enable you to be successful in a MBA program? Optional essay for all applicants: What other information do you believe is important in the assessment of your candidacy to our MBA program?
Yes. The Virginia Tech Evening MBA program will consider GMAT/GRE waiver requests. Please note that the waiver is not guaranteed, and your request will undergo evaluation by the admissions committee whose decisions are final. Please review our GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form for more details. You may submit this waiver prior to your application.
Please submit your application online at Graduate School Applicant System, click on 'Create a New Account'. Instructions on how to attach a copy of your transcripts, resume, essays, proof of In-State residency and letters of reference will be provided while completing the online application.
NOTE: Virginia Tech current or former students do not need to submit official transcripts to the Graduate School.
Following the receipt of all paperwork and GMAT/GRE scores, please allow approximately 2 to 4 weeks for the admission process.
- Business Intelligence/Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurial Leadership and Management
- Global Business
- Financial Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Health Information Technology
- Information Technology Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- General Management
- Pathway to Dual Degree with online Master of Information Technology
An undergraduate degree with quantitative course work, including calculus.
No exemptions of core courses are allowed
Up to nine credits of elective courses from an AACSB MBA Program may be transferred provided the course content is equivalent to a Pamplin course. All course transfers will be considered after admission to the Evening MBA program and must be approved by the MBA Program Director. To be eligible, the following requirements must be met:
- The course must be from an AACSB accredited MBA Program
- The course must have been completed within the past 5 years
- Grade of 'B' or higher is required
- The course content must match closely with one of the courses offered in the VA Tech MBA Program
Submit copy of official transcript showing course grade and course syllabi to EveningMBA@vt.edu to request transfer.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 48 credit hours. Students pursuing the program on a part time basis have the flexibility to choose the number of courses they take each semester. In general students taking two courses in the fall and spring semesters and one course during the summer session will complete the program in about three and a half years. Full time students usually complete the program within 2 years. All students must complete the program within 5 years from the time they enroll.
For up to date tuition rates please visit the Virginia Tech Bursar’s site and look under Extended Campus. In addition to tuition there is a MBA Supplemental fee charged per credit hour. All current rates and fees are available here: http://www.bursar.vt.edu
AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
MBA courses are taught by Virginia Tech full time faculty based in Falls Church.
Time management is the central issue that faces working professionals trying to obtain a degree part-time. Graduate school is a serious commitment and professors expect a professional engagement with course work by all class participants. Students should expect to spend at least 6 hours per week on coursework outside the class in a 3 credit course. You will need to adjust your professional and personal schedule to accommodate this required level of study.
Graduate students who have not been enrolled for more than one year must formally apply for readmission. For information about readmission please go to http://graduateschool.vt.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/readmission.html.
Yes. The Office of Veterans Services can provide further information regarding how to get the most out of your military tuition benefits.