Tuition and Financial Aid
Program tuition and fees 2017-2018:
Tuition Per Credit Hour $795.75 (in-state) $1,550.50 (out-of-state)
Tuition & Fees Per 3-Credit Class
Approximate Total Program Cost
*Please note tuition is subject to annual changes, the tuition totals listed are accurate for 2017-2018.
View the Graduate School’s In-State Residency and Tuition page for more information
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors establishes the tuition annually – typically in the Spring. Therefore, please use the above tuition as a guide in considering the cost of the upcoming Fall term. The tuition total listed above does not include books or other travel expenses.
Loans and Financial Assistance
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid can provide further information regarding federal loans. Graduate Assistantships are available in the Evening MBA program (please contact 703-538-8410 for more information). Currently only students who qualify as regular- or provisional-status students qualify for federal financial aid. Commonwealth Campus students do not qualify until they become a regular-degree-seeking student. For more information about this, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
The vision for the Pamplin College of Business outlines that we will be particularly known for our expertise and accomplishments in business intelligence/analytics, innovation through entrepreneurship, and for our international programs. Scholarships are available for the 2017-2018 academic year for applicants and students who exemplify this vision in their professional life.
Each award is in the amount of approximately the equivalent of a three credit-hour class, or two credit-hour class for the international business award.
- GPA (last 60 credit hours of undergrad or graduate degree or current MBA)
- Academic quality of degree(s)
- Relevant work experience
Essay (one-page maximum) Choose one:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including experience in using business data to inform business decisions in areas including accounting, finance, marketing, supply chain management, human resources, and strategic planning. Describe your involvement in innovative applications of analytic assessment and predictive analysis to enhance decision effectiveness in a digital environment. How have you leveraged data to improve decision making and drive business performance?
- Innovation through Entrepreneurship
- Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including experience in, or plans for, developing the skills, drive and determination for succeeding in a start-up environment.
- International Business (limited to matriculating students registered for study abroad only)
- Describe the reasons why you consider yourself eligible for the scholarship, including previous and current engagement with the global business community. How will you apply the knowledge and experience gained from a study abroad with the Evening MBA program?
Fall semester: Completed MBA application received by June 1, offer of admission extended no later than June 15, scholarship essay due June 19, scholarship notification July 1st
Spring Semester: Completed MBA application received by Oct. 15, offer of admission extended no later than Oct. 28, scholarship essay due Nov. 1, scholarship notification Nov. 15
For additional information, please contact Phone: (703) 538-8410 or Email: EveningMBA@vt.edu